Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in Vancouver, BC with 221(g)

Folks,

I'm writing to see if anyone here is in a similar boat as me and perhaps offer some data on their case. Here are some details:

- Visa interview @ Vancouver, Canada on Feb 9th
    - Received the yellow 221(g) slip with the documentation list crossed out
    - Never received any email asking for further documentation
    - My I-797, Resume and Passport were retained by the VO
    - Status on the CEAC website shows Administrative Processing since Feb 9th, i.e., no change in status over 17 working days and counting

I had my last visa stamped in New Delhi. Is this the reason for this long delay? I'm not sure what to make of my situation at the time being so looking for people who have had similar scenarios and what their resolution was, and how long it took.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

Cheers.

Resolved..

Wow, not a single reply.

Nonetheless, here's an update in case it is useful to anyone.

I received my visa on March 9th, 2018 - after exactly a month. Collected the passport from the Canada Post Office on Monday, March 12th and was back in Seattle at home the same day.

The border crossing was uneventful - they do direct you to secondary to get your prints and everything, but this was routine.

For some reason they charged me USD 6 at the secondary - was too tired at that point to ask why, so I just paid up.

Cheers

Comment

221G AT VANCOUVER for h1b - THANK YOU FOR YOUR UPDATE

Hi

Thanks for your update. Good to know how long it took. Glad to note it worked well for you in the end albeit a long frustrating stay.

I had a similar experience late last month. Previous visa stamped in India. Prior to that, Vancouver.

- H1B Visa interview @ Vancouver, Canada on Mar 28th
      - Haven't received any email asking for further documentation yet
      -Status on the CEAC website shows Administrative Processing since the time of interview.

I guess I will wait till April 29th before panicking Hadn't planned for such an expensive stay in Vancouver - if you have suggestions on where to stay, etc. much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 28MAR2018 View Post
        Hi

Thanks for your update. Good to know how long it took. Glad to note it worked well for you in the end albeit a long frustrating stay.

I had a similar experience late last month. Previous visa stamped in India. Prior to that, Vancouver.

-Status on the CEAC website shows Administrative Processing since the time of interview.

I guess I will wait till April 29th before panicking Hadn't planned for such an expensive stay in Vancouver - if you have suggestions on where to stay, etc. much appreciated.
        Hi PDW13, I'm in Vancouver with a yellow 221g slip. Was your case resolved? How long did it take?

Thanks!

Comment

visa approved

UPDATE

1. received notification on site that visa issued after 3 weeks of no updates.
          2. got passport at post office i had originally selected 2 days later.
          3. visa issued only for 2 years despite work permit for 3

making plans to head back.

cheapest options to stay are outside vancouver downtown, but if you like the downtown vibe - which i did - and want to stay in downtown for extended time, kingston hotel is an excellent choice, and so is ywca.

cheers and good luck!

Hi

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by nufci View Post
          Hi PDW13, I'm in Vancouver with a yellow 221g slip. Was your case resolved? How long did it take?

Thanks!
          just resolved yesterday - mine took a little over 3 weeks . I would say it is case dependent.

Comment

Thanks for updating. It is the 11th business day for me, I guess I need to be patient and wait for a week or two more. The uncertainty is like torture.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread. Hope lot more people post here with their Canada experience. My original stamping is in Australia as I was living there at that time. I am planning to go to Canada this time to get my extension stamped. What Visa you guys apply to go to Canada for stamping? Does immigration there okay with the fact that we just travel there for US stamping? I think in Australia you need to be a resident for at least 1 year to be able to go for H1 stamping on Indian passport.

Comment

Originally posted by tvbotchas View Post
                Thanks for starting this thread. Hope lot more people post here with their Canada experience. My original stamping is in Australia as I was living there at that time. I am planning to go to Canada this time to get my extension stamped. What Visa you guys apply to go to Canada for stamping? Does immigration there okay with the fact that we just travel there for US stamping? I think in Australia you need to be a resident for at least 1 year to be able to go for H1 stamping on Indian passport.
                I've had a valid Canadian visitor visa in the past. While crossing the border, I stated that visiting the US consulate was my primary purpose of travel, they did not seem to have a problem with it.

Comment

Stuck in Vancouver

Originally posted by nufci View Post
                  I've had a valid Canadian visitor visa in the past. While crossing the border, I stated that visiting the US consulate was my primary purpose of travel, they did not seem to have a problem with it.
                  Hi ! I am also stuck in Vancouver since mid April. Visa category: O1. Would you like to connect since we are in the same city ? Thanks

Comment

Still here

Originally posted by Biovisa View Post
                    Hi ! I am also stuck in Vancouver since mid April. Visa category: O1. Would you like to connect since we are in the same city ? Thanks
                    Hi Biovisa, I found your post on another forum and sent you a message. Are you still here? I haven't seen an update yet - 17 working days now. Have you had a status change yet?

Comment

Issued!

Updating in case anyone else is waiting - took exactly a month for my first status update (4/16 to 5/16), changed to issued on 5/17. Got tracking email in the afternoon, expecting to pick up passports and go back home tomorrow.

Comment

Hi

Thanks! What do you mean by crossed out (is it a big cross on documentation list)? do you have a batch and JULIAN number on the slip? Thanks!

Comment

Montreal - 221g 3/13/19

Got a 221g in Montreal on Mar 13 2019.

Interview itself was short and wasn't asked a lot of questions.

3/13/19 - Got an email same days asking to fill out DS 5535.
                          3/14/19 - I emailed my response
                          3/15/19 - Got an email acknowledgement that they received my response (non-automated)

I'm wondering if I should go to India since I have the passport and return when my case moves along.
                          Will keep the post updated.

Comment

Hi,
                            got yellow 221g slip in Vancouver 25th of April 2019.
                            asked for resume, sent the same day
                            next day mail it was received
                            since then under processing with no updates, 16 business days, 22 all together.
                            is anyone in Vancouver in similar situation?

Comment

Hi Tatiana,

can you provide an update on your case did you visa approved ? I am in same situation I received 221g yellow slip

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X