New H1B bond legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B bond legal?

One of the consultants asked to pay $5000 to process new H1B and signed a bond of $20,000 to join and work at least one year. In case if we fail to join or work atleast one year. need to pay $20,000 or actual cost whichever is higher.
    They are already charging $5000 to process VISA then such kind of bond. So If I do not join them or transfer to another company, will there be any implication?

The sample bond looks like below. YYYY is company name.

I <name> reside at <address> with Social security number
    <SSN> have applied for a suitable position with ZZZ
    incorporated in <US City>, having their offices at ZZZ, USA.
    I have also requested a H1B sponsorship which to work in the USA.
    I understand that my selection at YYYY is subject to the H1 B approval and
    ZZZ does not guarantee either approval, lottery pick up or job without approval.
    I understand that YYYY has already invested their time and efforts to hire me and also
    willing to invest for the H1 B and H1 B amendments whenever necessary.
    I understand that YYYY will incur heavy loss if I do not join them or not able to work with
    them at least for 12 months from the project start date..
    In the event that I am not in a position to join YYYY after the approval or not able to work
    for 12 months continuous in project service, with or without any reasons, considering the time,
    efforts and money that YYYY would have invested on me, I hereby agree to repay the cost of
    the H1 B and H1 B amendment cost involved and any miscellaneous expenses incurred to the
    tune of $20,000 or the actual expenses whichever is higher.
    I also understand that If I do not pay the expenses or does not work for 12 months, ZZZ
    may take legal action against me.

Candidate Sign:
    Name:
    Address:
    Date:

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    One of the consultants asked to pay $5000 to process new H1B and signed a bond of $20,000 to join and work at least one year. In case if we fail to join or work atleast one year. need to pay $20,000 or actual cost whichever is higher.
    They are already charging $5000 to process VISA then such kind of bond. So If I do not join them or transfer to another company, will there be any implication?

The sample bond looks like below. YYYY is company name.

I <name> reside at <address> with Social security number
    <SSN> have applied for a suitable position with ZZZ
    incorporated in <US City>, having their offices at ZZZ, USA.
    I have also requested a H1B sponsorship which to work in the USA.
    I understand that my selection at YYYY is subject to the H1 B approval and
    ZZZ does not guarantee either approval, lottery pick up or job without approval.
    I understand that YYYY has already invested their time and efforts to hire me and also
    willing to invest for the H1 B and H1 B amendments whenever necessary.
    I understand that YYYY will incur heavy loss if I do not join them or not able to work with
    them at least for 12 months from the project start date..
    In the event that I am not in a position to join YYYY after the approval or not able to work
    for 12 months continuous in project service, with or without any reasons, considering the time,
    efforts and money that YYYY would have invested on me, I hereby agree to repay the cost of
    the H1 B and H1 B amendment cost involved and any miscellaneous expenses incurred to the
    tune of $20,000 or the actual expenses whichever is higher.
    I also understand that If I do not pay the expenses or does not work for 12 months, ZZZ
    may take legal action against me.

Candidate Sign:
    Name:
    Address:
    Date:
    Don't sign it. Employee paying for H1B is not legal . If you are going to sign it (which you should not) ask them to include that you are paying for your h1b in the bond (which they wont do as they know its illegal). Don't even get stuck with such companies.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X