H1B Visa Stamping for less than 3 months of Valid I-797 and I-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping for less than 3 months of Valid I-797 and I-94

I am working full time for a genuine and reputed company . I have my H1B extension petition I-797 and I-94 valid untill 26 Oct 2018 and my H1B will maxout in March 2019 . I am planning to go India in July 2018 and for visa stamping in India in Aug 2018. I am hearing from from friends , the I-797 petition should be valid for at least 6 months. I am planning to return from vacation after getting visa stamping for the 2 months and recapture the 1 month vacation time for my I-797 extension once I return in August or Sept 2018 .
    will that be a problem while visa stamping or Port of entry in the current situation ?
    Please suggest .

Anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by CAtul View Post
      Anyone ?
      My husband traveled recently with just 1 month validity remaining on his visa. no problems at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CAtul View Post
        I am working full time for a genuine and reputed company . I have my H1B extension petition I-797 and I-94 valid untill 26 Oct 2018 and my H1B will maxout in March 2019 . I am planning to go India in July 2018 and for visa stamping in India in Aug 2018. I am hearing from from friends , the I-797 petition should be valid for at least 6 months. I am planning to return from vacation after getting visa stamping for the 2 months and recapture the 1 month vacation time for my I-797 extension once I return in August or Sept 2018 .
        will that be a problem while visa stamping or Port of entry in the current situation ?
        Please suggest .
        Hello Catul,

Could you please share your experience, actually my case is almost similar to your case.
        My current I797 valid till 31st Dec 2018 and in mid October 2018 I am planning to travel to India and go for stamping.
        Last edited by [email protected]; 09-05-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Hello,
          I am having similar case with my H1B extension petition I-797 and I-94 valid till Aug 2019. I am traveling to India and i have to get stamped as my stamped visa was till Aug 2017 and Planning to be back by Jun 1st week. Can you please let me know we have to have I-797 petition should be valid for at least 6 month. Please let me will there be any problem in visa stamping or port of entry. Kindly suggest if anyone have similar experience.

Comment

Hi All, We are in a similar situation. What was the update in the above cases? i797 expires on May 1 2020 and we are going for stamping on Dec 24 2019 which is 4 months from petition end date. Will there be a problem at stamping or at port of entry?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X