Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working Remote in India During Administrative Processing (221G)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Remote in India During Administrative Processing (221G)

Hello,

I received a 221g for my H1B visa on Jan 29. I have been working remote from India for the client since then. My employer informed me last week that they cannot run my pay check for the month of February as I am not on the US soil and I do not have a valid visa. Is that true? Please see below for some background info:

Background:

I am working as a consultant in a EVC (Employee-Vendor-Client) format. I came to India in January for my vacation and had to get my new H1B visa stamped.

Jan 16 - Submitted documents at Chennai Dropbox
    Jan 21 - Received Passport with 221G asking me to appear for an interview at US Consulate with Letters and Contracts
    Jan 29 - Attended the visa interview at US Consulate, Chennai and submitted the requested documents. Visa Officer handed me another 221G (Blue Slip) with the 'Administrative Processing' option checked.

Thanks for your time and help!

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello,

I received a 221g for my H1B visa on Jan 29. I have been working remote from India for the client since then. My employer informed me last week that they cannot run my pay check for the month of February as I am not on the US soil and I do not have a valid visa. Is that true? Please see below for some background info:

Background:

I am working as a consultant in a EVC (Employee-Vendor-Client) format. I came to India in January for my vacation and had to get my new H1B visa stamped.

Jan 16 - Submitted documents at Chennai Dropbox
    Jan 21 - Received Passport with 221G asking me to appear for an interview at US Consulate with Letters and Contracts
    Jan 29 - Attended the visa interview at US Consulate, Chennai and submitted the requested documents. Visa Officer handed me another 221G (Blue Slip) with the 'Administrative Processing' option checked.

Thanks for your time and help!
    Thats not correct. They are suppose to pay you. H1B requires you to be Paid at all time. I am also waiting for my visa and my company is still paying me. Its been 3 months now

Comment

Hey, thanks for letting me know. I think my company was trying take advantage of the situation and swindle me by not paying me. Fortunately, my visa was approved yesterday. They have agreed to run my pay check once I reach US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X