Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Approved, Stamped (2006), Visa expired (2008), Didnt travel, Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Approved, Stamped (2006), Visa expired (2008), Didnt travel, Status?

I got by H1B petition approved and Visa stamped in 2006 from company A. My visa expired in 2008.

I didnt travel to USA till date on H1B. I did travel to USA on B1 in 2009/10 from company B and in 2017 from company C.

I checked my receipt status on USCIS and it says approved in 2006.

Where does my petition stand as of date? Can I file cap-exempt? Is there any benefit for me today with that approved petition? Will my petition help me to travel to USA or I will be at par on anybody who is aspiring to travel to USA for work? How will be the cost to get the visa done if I plan to travel.

I don't have any offer from USA yet but I will like to check my opportunities once I understand the status of my petition.

Originally posted by deeceeds View Post
    I got by H1B petition approved and Visa stamped in 2006 from company A. My visa expired in 2008.

I didnt travel to USA till date on H1B. I did travel to USA on B1 in 2009/10 from company B and in 2017 from company C.

I checked my receipt status on USCIS and it says approved in 2006.

Where does my petition stand as of date? Can I file cap-exempt? Is there any benefit for me today with that approved petition? Will my petition help me to travel to USA or I will be at par on anybody who is aspiring to travel to USA for work? How will be the cost to get the visa done if I plan to travel.

I don't have any offer from USA yet but I will like to check my opportunities once I understand the status of my petition.
    Your petition is of no use now. You have to go through the lottery, and your expired H1 petition does not give you any leg up in that process.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X