H1B Lottery and H4 EAD with my H1B extension for my wife together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Lottery and H4 EAD with my H1B extension for my wife together

I wanted to see if any of you have similar experience and can share your personal experience - " I am in 9th year of my H1B expiring on Sept 30th and about to apply for H1B extension in April first week. My wife is on F1 Stem OPT with OPT expiring on Aug 18th. She is filing for H1B Cap Lottery this year. As a back up we are considering applying her H4 EAD along with my H1B extension in premium in April 1st Week.My company is in Texas, so it will go to California Service Center. And current Premium Processing is not available for new H1B which we will file for my wife"

My questions are-

(1) How soon can I expect to get H1B extension, H4 and H4 EAD if I file it together in premium.

(2) Will she get H4 and H4 EAD from Aug 19th if we request that date even if my H1B extension is from October 1st?

(3) Is there any gap of you receiving H4 first and EAD later on if we apply all together with H1B extension in premium? I am concerned that if she converts to H4 from F1 Stem OPT but doesnt get EAD, she can't continue her work.

(4) Concerned little bit about Last Action Rule, have any of you in similar situation applied H1B extension later after receiving H1B lottery results?

(5) If due to last action rule, if somehow she gets H1B lotttery first and then H4 EAD result, can she convert back to H1B without going through cap?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X