Don't wait for Canada PR before moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't wait for Canada PR before moving

Is it better to get a work permit and then apply for PR - Is it better to apply for PR from inside Canada - Is it easier to get PR if you already have a work permit?

I came to Canada with a large consulting company many years ago. They handled the immigration process and all of the headaches that come with that.

Over the last 15 years, the process has become a lot easier as Canada has made a big effort in establishing itself as a world class talent centre for technology and the IT industry in North America. I?m encouraged to see a growing trend of US companies open to the idea of placing remote workers in Canada (contacting us to facilitate relocating employees and establish a Canadian presence), though I think in part forced by the stress on the current H1 visa program. Either way, I?m excited about the future of tech in Canada, to finally be getting the recognition it deserves

I follow a couple of forums and I don?t understand why everyone seems to be so focused on applying for PR ahead of making a move. An easier, less risky approach is through Canada?s accelerated work permit program. This gives you Canadian work experience, increasing your likelihood of an invitation in the Permanent Residence application process (applications from outside of Canada are through the Skilled category, whilst applications inside Canada are under a work permit through the Experience Class category).

I?ve read a lot about people debating making the move to Canada, and I encourage the move every chance I get. We live a wonderful life, are very happy raising my daughter and son here, and visit my hometown every other year. It?s an exciting time to be in tech in Canada.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X