Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa - Passport expired

Hi,

I got my old passport renewed. My old passport has a valid H1B visa that expires 2020. I received my new passport that says "OLD PT CLD AND RETURNED". However the first page on my old passport says only "CANCELLED". Shouldn't it say "Cancelled with a Valid visa"?? Is that a problem? Or is it ok if I carry both old and new passport for my vacation? Do I need to get it stamped again? I have my travel date in few weeks. Any help or pointers to this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Anis

Originally posted by Anisrao87 View Post
    Hi,

I got my old passport renewed. My old passport has a valid H1B visa that expires 2020. I received my new passport that says "OLD PT CLD AND RETURNED". However the first page on my old passport says only "CANCELLED". Shouldn't it say "Cancelled with a Valid visa"?? Is that a problem? Or is it ok if I carry both old and new passport for my vacation? Do I need to get it stamped again? I have my travel date in few weeks. Any help or pointers to this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Anis
    You are fine if you carry both the passports.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      You are fine if you carry both the passports.
      Thank you. I was wondering if my old passport has to say "Cancelled with valid visa".

Comment

Originally posted by Anisrao87 View Post
        Thank you. I was wondering if my old passport has to say "Cancelled with valid visa".
        The cancelling authority has no say on whether the visa is valid or not, since the passport issuer did not issue the visa, and hence they do not even look at what visas you have in your passport. It is the visa issuers prerogative to say if it is valid or not.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X