Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B - Different graduation date for H1B and OPT application (early graduation profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Different graduation date for H1B and OPT application (early graduation profile

Hi guys,

I'm an MBA student, I'm supposed to graduate this May 2018. However, I have finished my course requirement early (March 2018) to apply for H1B this year. In my application, I submitted a verification letter from graduate office saying that I've finished all my requirement for graduation and is conferred to graduate in May 2018 (letter date is March 2018). But a mistake was made and my latest I20 end date is still May 2018, and OPT start date is 15th June 2018. According to my advisor, my I20 end date has to be March 2018 for me to be eligible for H1B application this year, and with that OPT start date has to be no later than 15th May 2018. I've applied for both H1B and OPT and dont know what to do with this mistake. I’m advised to either cancel OPT and reapply with a new start date of May (this is risky since I might not get my EDA back before my start date at the new company 25th June), or withdraw my H1B application (which I really don’t want to do since I worked really hard to find a sponsored job and graduate early). Is there any way I can change my OPT start date so my advisor can change my I20 date accordingly? Or any other way you can think of to solve this situation? Thank you!
    Last edited by hienla126; 04-03-2018, 09:05 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X