Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am on 140-H1 extension and my wife is on her H1B (Stamping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on 140-H1 extension and my wife is on her H1B (Stamping)

Hello Friends,

I need your advice on below situation:

I am on 140-H1 extension (just finished my 6th year) and my wife is on her H1B sponsored by her employer (H4 transfer to H1 within US - this would be her first H1 stamping) and we both are directly working for employer. Our daughter is on H4 dependent on my 140-H1B and our son is born in US. I am planning to visit India soon and stamping is necessary. Is it advisable to book an visa stamping appointment together for all of 3? I have not filled the DS160 yet and am not sure if going together would cause any additional layer of questions. I believe it is still an usual scenario; could you please share your recent experience if you have been through same situation?

Thanks and regards,
    Parth

Originally posted by parthp View Post
    Hello Friends,

I need your advice on below situation:

I am on 140-H1 extension (just finished my 6th year) and my wife is on her H1B sponsored by her employer (H4 transfer to H1 within US - this would be her first H1 stamping) and we both are directly working for employer. Our daughter is on H4 dependent on my 140-H1B and our son is born in US. I am planning to visit India soon and stamping is necessary. Is it advisable to book an visa stamping appointment together for all of 3? I have not filled the DS160 yet and am not sure if going together would cause any additional layer of questions. I believe it is still an usual scenario; could you please share your recent experience if you have been through same situation?

Thanks and regards,
    Parth
    There's not a way to link H-1B visa applications, meaning that a married couple who are both applying for H-1B visas can't schedule one appointment slot for both applications. The two H-1B visa applications are completely separate and do not affect each other. One of you will have to link the H-4 visa application for your daughter to your H-1B visa application. It doesn't matter whose H petition is used. Go with the one that has the most time left before expiry. All three family members will require their own DS-160. Book one of the H-1B visa applications with the H-4 application tied to it, then book the other H-1B visa application for the same time or a time close to it, that way you can all travel together. There's no need to schedule appointments for different days.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X