Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B 2019 CAP - How many already got receipts from USCIS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chaitusravs View Post
    Nope not yet, i am waiting to hear from my attorney too. Good luck!
    Still waiting for my attroney too.
    Looks like people who got selected in first 25k have received responses. Waiting in the general category.

Comment

Waiting for my result too..

Comment

People in regular quota are also starting to get the receipts as far as I have heard. Last year data entry was finished around May 3rd and I would suppose it would be the around the same time this year too. So, maybe a week or two max for all the receipts to be received, if selected? Can anyone clarify?

Comment

I received my case receipt yesterday from my company's law firm. I'm on STEM OPT and this was my second attempt. Since my OPT is expiring in 2019, I didn't have any updates to my SEVP Portal.

A little more information,

You're eligible for a SEVP Portal account if you're on OPT / STEM OPT visa. To create an account, you should've received an email sometime in the month of March, from <[email protected]> address with the subject line like "Optional Practical Training Approval". More information can be found here https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/sev...he-sevp-portal

Just like @rinim and other users have suggested, you can see an update in the HISTORY tab of your SEVP portal and your OPT End Date changed to 9/30/2018 ONLY IF YOUR OPT EXPIRES BEFORE 10/1/2018. If you're in this situation, you can expect to see updates before USCIS announces data entry process completion. In my case, I did not see any update and I also checked with my university's DSO and even they couldn't give me an update either (this was a day before I got the receipt in hand). Your University's DSO can very well check and let you know of any changes to your SEVIS status. One other way to check is to request a new I-20, that should also have a Receipt Number in the CHANGE OF STATUS / CAP GAP EXTENSION section.

For Regular CAP people (and also some Masters CAP), there's still time. I've heard only a handful of positive cases for Regular CAP so hang in there, there's definitely more time! From what we've seen, this could easily take another 2-3 weeks, at least.

Good luck!

Comment

Best wishes! Thanks for better explaining the Cap state.

Originally posted by Gandalf_TheWhite View Post
            In my case, I did not see any update and I also checked with my university's DSO and even they couldn't give me an update either (this was a day before I got the receipt in hand). Your University's DSO can very well check and let you know of any changes to your SEVIS status. One other way to check is to request a new I-20, that should also have a Receipt Number in the CHANGE OF STATUS / CAP GAP EXTENSION section.
            Good luck!
            A bit confused here, by stating your case for getting an update from your DSO, you mean to say DSO's may or may not provide sevis update on receipt number?

Comment

Originally posted by Ash1402 View Post
              A bit confused here, by stating your case for getting an update from your DSO, you mean to say DSO's may or may not provide sevis update on receipt number?
              DSO can definitely see updates to your SEVIS record if you're in the CAP-GAP situation. However, the accuracy of these updates depends on the data entry process by USCIS. Because what they're seeing and what we're seeing in our SEVP Portal, both are coming from the same source. So yes, they may or not give you a current status as of now.

Just a reminder, SEVP Portal / DSO Updates will only work if your OPT ends before 10/1/2018.

Comment

DSO can definitely see updates to your SEVIS record if you're in the CAP-GAP situation. However, the accuracy of these updates depends on the data entry process by USCIS. Because what they're seeing and what we're seeing in our SEVP Portal, both are coming from the same source. So yes, they may or not give you a current status as of now.

Just a reminder, SEVP Portal / DSO Updates will only work if your OPT ends before 10/1/2018.
                Got it! Thanks!
                So if you are not in a CAP GAP situation , your only source is the receipt number from Attorney. Is that correct?

Comment

Masters quota

Hi,

My OPT ends on 9th June this year and my cap petition was applied.
                  There is still no receipt for me but my employer is also getting ready to file a cap-exempt petition for me in the next 1 week.(its based on a previous unused h1 i have).
                  My DSO said that they will not be checking SEVIS until mid-may so thats not an option for me.
                  and the link that DHS sent expired before I registered in the portal.
                  so iam really desperate now to know the cap result. I am worried about what uscis will do if they get the cap-exempt petition after they have sent the approval for the cap one.

Comment

My OPT ends in June and I've applied for STEM OPT. Currently, the SEVP portal shows information for both the OPTs with end date in June for the first one and one day after it as the start date for Stem Opt.
                    If my H1B is picked this year will my dates change in SEVP portal to 09/30/18 and stem opt will be canceled?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash1402 View Post
                      Got it! Thanks!
                      So if you are not in a CAP GAP situation , your only source is the receipt number from Attorney. Is that correct?
                      Either that, or if your law firm is willing to share the check status that they used for your application. If your check has been cashed, you're through this round!

Comment

Originally posted by Sphoorthi View Post
                        I heard that Master Degree Holders are receiving recipts.Any updates for general pool? Did anyone received ?
                        4th May 2017 i received one email from my attorney with Tracking number.Does this mean my application got selected in H1B 2019 lottery.?
                        Iam in general pool .

- - - Updated - - -

4th May 2017 i received one email from my attorney with Tracking number.Does this mean my application got selected in H1B 2019 lottery.?
                        Iam in general pool .

Comment

Iam in general pool .
                          Not sure what you mean by tracking number here, because tracking number and receipt number are two different things. USCIS generates a Receipt Number for your petition if your case is selected in the lottery. Typically starts with EAC... (for Vermont Service Center) or WAC... (for California Service Center). If this is what you've received, then yes, your application has been selected in the 2019 H1B lottery.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by tracking number here, because tracking number and receipt number are two different things. USCIS generates a Receipt Number for your petition if your case is selected in the lottery. Typically starts with EAC... (for Vermont Service Center) or WAC... (for California Service Center). If this is what you've received, then yes, your application has been selected in the 2019 H1B lottery.

Yes I received with EAC **** * number . My attorney shared this number and asked to track at USCIS site.
                            But i haven't received any soft copy so far.The screensot which he shared consist of Recipet number long with my NAME , DOB etc etc details.

Regards,
                            Sphoorthi

Comment

Yes I received with EAC **** * number . My attorney shared this number and asked to track at USCIS site.
                              But i haven't received any soft copy so far.The screensot which he shared consist of Recipet number long with my NAME , DOB etc etc details.

Regards,
                              Sphoorthi
                              If you've been assigned a receipt number with EAC* - it means your application was accepted by the Vermont Service Center and you've made it through the lottery. The lawyers would be sent an I-797C form by regular mail and there's probably a delay in them scanning it and sending it over, but you should be fine.

Rejection receipt numbers begin with VRN*.

Comment

Originally posted by dopey View Post
                                If you've been assigned a receipt number with EAC* - it means your application was accepted by the Vermont Service Center and you've made it through the lottery. The lawyers would be sent an I-797C form by regular mail and there's probably a delay in them scanning it and sending it over, but you should be fine.

Rejection receipt numbers begin with VRN*.
                                Thank you so much for clarifications.

Regards,
                                Sphorthi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X