Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding RFE

Hello All,

I received an RFE regarding my passport which I am not sure about? I will highly appreciate all the help.
    I currently work with a university in US and my passport expires in dec 2018. My University applied for H1B in PP
    as we are cap-exempted. They applied for my H1 on april 14th 2018. In the mean while I have applied for a new passport but my current passport still
    has 9 months from the date of application. What are me chances of H1?? Can it be rejected on these grounds...I ve also heard people saying on diffrent forums
    that you get your H1 until only your passport expiry date.

My RFE says:

"Submit legible copies of the beneficiaiy's renewed passport including identification pages, visa pages,
    and any pages with entry and exit stamps. Provide a copy of biographical page of the beneficiary's
    current and unsxpired passport. If the beneficiaiy does not possess a current and unexpired passport,
    please provide a detailed explanation and substantiating evidence .Be advised that color copies are
    preferred because of the various color inks used for admission and departure control may not be as
    legible m black and white copies".
    to the point
    50.00%
    ask more details
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Nishant Sharma; 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM.

can someone please reply to the post.. I can see there are 71 views but no replies

Comment

Originally posted by Nishant Sharma View Post
      can someone please reply to the post.. I can see there are 71 views but no replies
      I assume, like myself, people had read the post but were unable to offer any advice so decided not to reply. I understand your frustration though when you really want an answer to a question that's important. Perhaps someone will respond today with their own experience, otherwise see if you can contact USCIS directly on their phone number for some advice as they should be able to tell you exactly what is acceptable in relation to the RFE itself.
      Marriage AOS - 2018

4-10: Sent to Chicago Lockbox
      4-12: Arrived in Chicago
      4-14: Picked up by USCIS
      4-19: Email & text notifications received
      4-23: I-797 Receipts received
      4-27: Biometrics notice received
      5-10: Courtesy letter for I-693
      5-11: Biometrics completed
      6-04: Interview scheduled
      6-09: Received interview letter
      7-10: Interview complete & approved, status change to New Card being Produced
      7-13: Card was Mailed
      7-18: Green Card in Hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X