Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got email for fingerprints and Visa interview after drop box

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experience and see if there are anyone in the same boat.

i have been working in US since last 12 yrs(No GC yet ). I have my I-140 approved and have been working with current employer since 2010 and had H1B stampings earlier. This is the first time i went to dropbox along with my wife(H4).

No appointment needed for dropbox it is just walk in.

Consulate: Hyderabad, INDIA
    Date documents dropped: 18th April, 2018.
    CEA status on 19th: Case created
    Status on 20th: Administrative Processing

I got an email from [email protected] on 20th April, asking me to come for both finger printing and Visa interview on May 11th @10 AM. They mentioned in the email that they are returning my and my wife's passport to VAC center without VISA.
    I have requested them if they can give me any earlier date but they said NO as there were no slots available. I have already booked a return ticket on May 12th, which i have to change now. Also, i asked them if my wife has to come for interview, they said NO and asked me to carry her passport along with me on the interview day. I just received an email saying that our passports are ready for pickup.

Me and my wife has two passports each(one expired and one new). They have returned my old passport on the day of drop box as i have my last visa stamping in my new passport. They took both of my wife's passports as she doesn't have any stamping in her new passport.

Hopefully, everything will go smooth at the interview. Please let me know if anyone of you are in the same boat.

thanks,
    kgdesi

same situation - spouse in India

hey, all the best for your interview. can you please share the email ID from which you got notification for the fingerprinting. we want to make sure we don't miss any notification from the embassy. Our case is in administrative processing but we haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Email ID for Delhi Consulate

Originally posted by sshor14 View Post
      hey, all the best for your interview. can you please share the email ID from which you got notification for the fingerprinting. we want to make sure we don't miss any notification from the embassy. Our case is in administrative processing but we haven't heard anything yet.
      I saw the email id . do you know where can I find the email ID for Delhi consulate?

Comment

Originally posted by sshor14 View Post
        I saw the email id . do you know where can I find the email ID for Delhi consulate?
        I got the email from [email protected].... I am guessing the email id for Delhi could be [email protected]

Comment

I have attended both finger printing and visa interview today at Embassy. Visa Officer said he is issuing visa. Hopefully i will receive my passport in a couple of days.

thanks,
          Kalyan

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X