Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I proceed further after getting blue slip in H-1B interview- passport returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I proceed further after getting blue slip in H-1B interview- passport returned

I had my H1B interview on April 24, 2018 at the US consulate chennai. Unfortunately, after 2 hours of waiting, they told me that my Visa has to be refused at this time for adminstrative processing and gave me a BLUE SLIP SECTION 221(G) and ticked the second option and told they shall let me know about the next steps by email in some days.

BLUE SLIP SECOND OPTION SAYS "Your application is refused for adminstrative processing. The application will be reconsidered after the administrative processing is complete".

The questions they asked were mainly about work location, client location, locations mentioned in LCA, my job responsibilities, education, salary. I do work at the client location ansd my company office and showed the client letter also. I was interviewed by 2 people and the first interviewer called me up again for the last time and told about the Visa refusal and returned all my documents and passport back. My F1 Visa which was on OPT till 2019 was also CANCELED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

It's been around 1 week now and I haven't yet got any response from the consulate. I know it's too early for that but my friends who faced similar situation told me that I can expect a response from them in 2 weeks. But in all of their cases, the passport was retained.

Below are few if my concerns. Please let me know if anyone knows about similar situations and my questions.

Why they returned my passport back?

Is my F1 Visa still valid? Can I travel back on F1?

How to revoke the cancellation of my F1 Visa?

Can I reappear for the interview at a different location before I get the email from consulate?

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X