H1B Visa stamp India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa stamp India

I did my masters in mechanical engineering in 2007 and worked here in US from 2008 Aug - 2010 August. I then visited India for a pleasure trip and went for visa stamping. I received a 221G-BLUE requesting multiple documents. After supplying all the documents, it was finally denied by the consulate and my H1B was sent back to USCIS for a revocation with a main reason that I was working as a software engineer and I neither had any software related courses in my bachelors/masters nor I had at least 3 years of work experience in the software field.

I then found a job in India and started working there in the same field [software]. After three years, in 2013, I got my B1 visa stamped with the company that I was working in India.

Visited to US couple of times on B1 in 2013 and 2014.

Later in 2015, I went to H1B visa stamping with the same Indian company and my H1B was approved without any issue. At that time I had over 6 years of experience in IT. Visa officers didn't ask a single question about my mechanical engineering back ground or my past history [quite surprising]. In fact they took my passport and said your visa is approved.

I have been in the united states from the past 3 years and now I am planning to travel to India and I would need to go for visa stamping to come back to US since the visa stamp expires. With current immigration scrutiny and trump administration I am worried about the scrutiny the Indian embassy

Since I now have more than 9 years of experience in IT, should I be worried that the embassy might reject my visa with the same reason that I did my masters/bachelors in mechanical engineering ?

In order to satisfy the USCIS requirements of having software related courses in either my bachelors/Masters, Can I do any certifications or any special trainings that USCIS would consider valid, rather than doing a second masters in computer science field ?

Any suggestion in this regard, would be highly appreciated

I dont think there is going to be any issue if you have active job and all the letters .

Comment

Can you share your experience, how did it go ?

I have done MS in Mechanical and working as Software Developer.

I need to go to India and need to do H1b stamping and still deciding should i go or not.

Can you share your experience and questions asked.

thanks
      Tushar

Comment

Originally posted by tushu373 View Post
        I have done MS in Mechanical and working as Software Developer.

I need to go to India and need to do H1b stamping and still deciding should i go or not.

Can you share your experience and questions asked.

thanks
        Tushar
        Hi Tushar,

Did you face any issue while stamping? Could you please share you experience?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X