Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any help with information about H1B or EB3 is appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help with information about H1B or EB3 is appreciated!

Hello Everyone!
    I'm looking for any information regarding H1B visa or EB3 Green Card for my sister living in Russia.
    I myself a naturalized citizen since 2015 and would love to help my sister and her family in Russia (husband and 2 young children) to move to the U.S.
    I filled out family reunion for sibling last year but the wait time is 12 years, so obviously not a workable option right now.
    I'm looking into employment options. My husband owns a company and is willing to sponsor my sister or my brother-in-law, but we just don't know where to start. I spoke to several immigration lawyers but they all give very vague information and only want to talk if we provide a retainer, which is several thousand of dollars.
    Considering we already have a potential employment sponsor, would it be better to do H1B or EB3? Anyone knows about potential advantages or disadvantages or any other visa/green card options?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Olga Marx View Post
    Hello Everyone!
    I'm looking for any information regarding H1B visa or EB3 Green Card for my sister living in Russia.
    I myself a naturalized citizen since 2015 and would love to help my sister and her family in Russia (husband and 2 young children) to move to the U.S.
    I filled out family reunion for sibling last year but the wait time is 12 years, so obviously not a workable option right now.
    I'm looking into employment options. My husband owns a company and is willing to sponsor my sister or my brother-in-law, but we just don't know where to start. I spoke to several immigration lawyers but they all give very vague information and only want to talk if we provide a retainer, which is several thousand of dollars.
    Considering we already have a potential employment sponsor, would it be better to do H1B or EB3? Anyone knows about potential advantages or disadvantages or any other visa/green card options?
    Thanks!
    H1B is out of question for this year. The quota for next year (employment commences from Oct 2019) opens on April 1 2019 and is usually filled up in a couple of days. Then there is a lottery and if your petition gets picked in the lottery, then you might get a H1. The requirements for H1 are stringent. EB3 is a better option. There is a procedure (which usually can take up to an year) for getting a EB3 petition filed and approved. Once that is done the beneficiary can file for a GC along with all their dependents (spouse and children). There is no wait time for Russia. Countries like India and China have about 10 yrs. wait time.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X