Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I quit my current employer on Friday and join new employer on Monday, H1B trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I quit my current employer on Friday and join new employer on Monday, H1B trans?

Hello Experts,

Thank you for your time and assistance.

I am transferring my H1B to new employer (employer B). Employer B wants the start date to be Monday of the week with beginning of a pay period.

Can I quit my current employer (employer A) on Friday and join employer B following Monday?
    Would I be considered out of status if I quit on Friday and join following Monday? My working days with employer A is Monday to Friday.

Thank you!

Originally posted by hopeismymiddlename View Post
    Hello Experts,

Thank you for your time and assistance.

I am transferring my H1B to new employer (employer B). Employer B wants the start date to be Monday of the week with beginning of a pay period.

Can I quit my current employer (employer A) on Friday and join employer B following Monday?
    Would I be considered out of status if I quit on Friday and join following Monday? My working days with employer A is Monday to Friday.

Thank you!
    You remain in status for 60 days after leaving your job, unless your I-94 expires sooner. Also, you can stay (and work for 240 days) while an extension of status is pending even if you go out of status, as long as the extension of status was filed while you were in status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X