Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWI and H1b Stamping - Chennai Consulate - 2018

Hi,

Arrested on August 2017. Convicted to DWAI(traffic infraction) reduced from DWI(no accidents , no injury involved) on Jan 2018. Paid Fine, Attended 16hours of IDP classes. In short , completed everything before going for stamping.

May 7th - Interview. VO asked for court documents and then asked me to wait for 10 mins. After that handed me the blue slip (221g) to go for Panel Physician @Chennai Apollo APHC. Did all the same day. Reports were sent to the consulate on 11th May 2018.

CEAC website still shows the Case last updated as 7th May 2018.

Today 18th June 2018 - I am still waiting for the email from the embassy.

Question: What is the mode of communication the embassy uses to contact you? And how long does it take given that so many 221g are being issued recently?

Anyone on the same boat please share your experience over here.

Dwai 2016

Hi,

Here are my details.

First DWAI 2016 (no injuries, case cleared and served and completed everything in 2017)
    H1B first stamping Interview: Oct 29 2018
    Submitted passport with medical: Nov 8th
    Case updates: 9th nov, 16th nov, 26th nov, 29th nov

It's dec 13th today and still no update.

Please let me know if you got any update and when will my case will be approved. Thanks a lot in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by user20189 View Post
      Hi,

Arrested on August 2017. Convicted to DWAI(traffic infraction) reduced from DWI(no accidents , no injury involved) on Jan 2018. Paid Fine, Attended 16hours of IDP classes. In short , completed everything before going for stamping.

May 7th - Interview. VO asked for court documents and then asked me to wait for 10 mins. After that handed me the blue slip (221g) to go for Panel Physician @Chennai Apollo APHC. Did all the same day. Reports were sent to the consulate on 11th May 2018.

CEAC website still shows the Case last updated as 7th May 2018.

Today 18th June 2018 - I am still waiting for the email from the embassy.

Question: What is the mode of communication the embassy uses to contact you? And how long does it take given that so many 221g are being issued recently?

Anyone on the same boat please share your experience over here.
      Please let me know if you have any updates. Thank you.

Comment

What kind of tests they asked for?

I hope things worked out for you by now.

An Update much appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X