Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visa stamping with 4 months passport expiry (passport renewal applied)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa stamping with 4 months passport expiry (passport renewal applied)

Hello all,

My daughter have passport expiring on October. Already applied to passport renewal it seems will take time 15 days+. So planning to take US visa appointment using on old Passport due to appointment dates are available after 40 days. Is that a good idea?

Originally posted by scharan View Post
    Hello all,

My daughter have passport expiring on October. Already applied to passport renewal it seems will take time 15 days+. So planning to take US visa appointment using on old Passport due to appointment dates are available after 40 days. Is that a good idea?
    What country is the passport? Is she applying for a nonimmigrant or immigrant visa?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      What country is the passport? Is she applying for a nonimmigrant or immigrant visa?
      India, h4(NON-immigrant)

Comment

Originally posted by scharan View Post
        India, h4(NON-immigrant)
        India is part of the 6-month club where the passport doesn't have to valid for 6 months after a nonimmigrant stay, so you should be able to get a visa on it with the passport having less than 6 months of validity. But you should enter with both passports (visa in an old passport can be used with a new passport), because otherwise your period of admission will be limited to the passport expiration date.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          India is part of the 6-month club where the passport doesn't have to valid for 6 months after a nonimmigrant stay, so you should be able to get a visa on it with the passport having less than 6 months of validity. But you should enter with both passports (visa in an old passport can be used with a new passport), because otherwise your period of admission will be limited to the passport expiration date.
          Thanks for Info

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X