Spouse : H1 Extension and New H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse : H1 Extension and New H4

Hello, all hope you are doing well, I have a situation here and would like to have your opinion on it, please. I work for Company A (Full Time with approved I-140) serving their clients and they did apply for my H1b extension on March 21st 2018 under premium processing and the USCIS website stated of RFE by 24th 2018 and I was told by my employer (Company A) that they received the paper RFE by 1st week of April and RFE Reason: Specialty Occupation / Client Letter and will start working on it and moreover we all (Including me) were working on the RFE and they submitted the RFE by June 19th (No idea why they wanted to submit it so late) and within two weeks I received approval until 08/10/2018 which is hardly a month from now and also it's my project end date. Now my employer says they will again file Extension again now this is where I am into lots of confusion because I am sure USCIS will ask for RFE again along with client letter again and they will submit the same what they received before (This time hope faster since my project ends 08/10) and I am unsure if there will be any difference that the USCIS will give me extension for at least one year if so why didn?t they give it when we initially filed ??? I have scenarios per below and request the best of your suggestion, please.

1. Now that I have less than 30 days of In-Status do you recommend me to file H4 parallelly for worst case scenario?

2. What if we process the H1 under normal processing can I still join the new project after 08/10 with the same receipt?

3. What if we process the H1 under premium processing and what are the possibilities that i might get larger extension beside the one we received until 08/10? (As stated above)

4. Can I process H4 and H1 parallelly just to safeguard my status?

5. What if I say to my employer (Company A) that I would like to convert to H4 now and once they search the new project for me I would convert H4 to H1, basically all iam trying to do here is to safeguard my status.

Appreciate if you can please help me the best scenario.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X