h4 extension when 485 pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 extension when 485 pending

My husband's H1 and my H4 will expire in 3 weeks. His employer filed h1 extension in Apr and is planning on filing Premium Processing in two days for him (non cap). I didn't file my h4 extension with him back then, but would like to file my h4 extension now with his PP.

His employer's office said if I file now together with his PP, I will hear back together with his h1 extension in maximum 15 days. But the attorney I consulted said even if I file now, since I didn't file it with him in Apr, my application will be treated as a separate application, and the result won't be back for 6 months.

I also looked up the info regarding where to file. His PP should go to California. If my application is considered a separate application, mine should go to Texas.

Can I file now with his PP and send my application to California? Or I have to file separately?

Our 485 is pending and we have combo cards. Another choice would be I go on AOS after my current h4 expires. Once my husband h1b is here, I can go to the border to switch from AOS to h4 (I'm Canadian citizen). My husband's new 797 will have i94 at the bottom. If he doesn't leave the country to get a visa stamp, can I still go to the border to re-enter as H4 after my current h4 expires?

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X