Under review- Mail from Consulate pls reply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g administrative processing

Hi, Can you please tell me how to contact DOS in USA, as I m in UK waiting for my aditional administraive processing to done. I cant get any info from embassy in UK, so please guide me to whom I will contact.
    Thanking you.
    Anurag Gupta

Comment

221g in London

Originally posted by ashi2k
      Hi, Can you please tell me how to contact DOS in USA, as I m in UK waiting for my aditional administraive processing to done. I cant get any info from embassy in UK, so please guide me to whom I will contact.
      Thanking you.
      Anurag Gupta
      Hi Anurag,

I am waiting since last 3 months. Not heard anything from the London embassy. I am working in Glasgow after completing my master from UK. Can you add me your MSN. "saagars at hotmail dot com". We can discuss as we have similar case of AAP. Stuck in UK.

We can't even email or phone them. Because its very clearly mentioned in the 221g form that there's no need to email or phone the consulate. We will contact you as soon as the AAP is over. I don't wanna create a bad impression by repeatedly reminding them as there could be hundreds like us in the London embassy. What I believe, is that they send our files back to DOS in Vermont where my original petition was approved, just to revalidate the claims by employer has made. Embassy's hands are tied up and they can't do anything unless they hear from DOS. Is it worth calling up DOS on 1-202-663-1225 to find out about my case. I know they'll say 'Status Pending' even before I call.

God save us from this black hole. This is a big test of patience and perseverance. Can only hope that the outcome is positive. Because a negative outcome could be deeply devastating for anyone. I am sure you can fully empathize my situation.

Comment

got reply from DOS and chennai also

Hi Guys
        I got 221g (AAP) blue handout when i attended interview to chennai conuslate 6 months back. I got response from DOS aswellas ChennaiNiv keep on mailing for several times. The response is
        "Your case is under administrative processing at the consulate. At this
        stage there is really very little we can do from here to speed up the
        process. The State Department has completed its process and sent it
        back
        to the consulate but, the consulate also has to go through a process
        before they issue the visa. The problem is there are so many
        applications waiting in line for this process that it takes quite some
        time. This is a problem generally in India and particularly in Chennai.
        Chennai is the busiest US consulate in the world processing the highest
        number of applications!"
        above one is from DOS

i got this from Chennai consulate

"The admin process is not yet completed."

I am still waiting its already 6 months completed till now i didnt get any response from them. if any one in the same boad plz share ur exp.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X