Previous employer experience letter during OPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous employer experience letter during OPT

I am currently working as Full Time employee with employer A who filed my petition last year and was approved this year after RFE process. I am planning to travel to India for my H1B stamping. Before joining this employer A i worked at employer B as voluntary work during the start of my OPT in 2016 just for 1 month for which i don?t have employer verification letter or experience letter or pay stubs. I have only the offer letter.
    How likely is the visa officer is going to ask the previous employer experience letter which was during my OPT period . Is it advisable to travel to travel to India. Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

If it was me, I would leave out employer B from the application. You volunteered a bit, there was no contract, no employment, no income. I wouldn't list it anywhere I was being asked to list employment record.

In any case, I doubt a consular officer would ask for an experience letter for a previous position that lasted 1 month.

This is strictly my own personal understanding and I'm not an expert in immigration law.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X