Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-129 H1B petition expired while in administrative processing

Dear friends,
    I took Visa Interview for H1B on 21 July 2017 and I was given a 221(g) blue notice of refusal asking more documents to be submitted. My consultant submitted them and again I was given 221(G) white(in email) notice to submit the I-129(s) application form. I saw that I-129(s) was for L1 but mine was H1B petition. So I sent I-129 application form (scanned and sent through email as asked) on November 23- 2017. I received the email (automated one) that my case will be taken up for administrative processing. I had been checking my CEAC application no status and till today it reads administrative processing,

So, I sent an email to Chennai H&L U.S Consulate requesting them to let me know under what stage is my administrative processing on the application.

I received an email from them today that

Your petition has expired on 25th Jan 2018. To continue processing your case, please apply with an extended petition.

Regards,
    Chennai H&L.

What does this mean? Do I need to re-apply in the new CAP ? OR it is just needed that my employer needs to apply / file a new petition since I have I-797B petition approved notice (my case got approved on March 2017 after getting selected in the lotter in April 2016)? IN the latter case, Do I need to appear for a new Visa Interview?

Any information would be very precious to me. Please help.

Sincerely,
    Partha

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X