Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b transfer after F1: Dropbox or stamping interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer after F1: Dropbox or stamping interview?

Hello,

Here is my situation: I have a old H1b visa which I used only for 7 months (got my stamping done in London). I then transferred to F1 visa to complete my MBA. The old H1b was marked as ?Cancelled without Prejudice?. This old H1b is in my old passport and the visa only expires this month, August 2018. Now, after conpleting my MBA, I want to get a H1b transfer with my new employer. Once I receive USCIS approval for my H1b transfer (type: consular notice), I am not sure how to proceed. I am in India right now.

My questions: Do I qualify for visa Dropbox option in India? One of the condition mentioned for Dropbox option is that ?your previous visa ( in the same class) should be valid or expired in the last 12 months. Can you help me to figure out if I satisfy this condition or not?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by keshav98271 View Post
    Hello,

Here is my situation: I have a old H1b visa which I used only for 7 months (got my stamping done in London). I then transferred to F1 visa to complete my MBA. The old H1b was marked as ?Cancelled without Prejudice?. This old H1b is in my old passport and the visa only expires this month, August 2018. Now, after conpleting my MBA, I want to get a H1b transfer with my new employer. Once I receive USCIS approval for my H1b transfer (type: consular notice), I am not sure how to proceed. I am in India right now.

My questions: Do I qualify for visa Dropbox option in India? One of the condition mentioned for Dropbox option is that ?your previous visa ( in the same class) should be valid or expired in the last 12 months. Can you help me to figure out if I satisfy this condition or not?

Thank you in advance.
    You do not qualify. Your H1 has been cancelled, so its expiry date is irrelevant.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X