Suspension of H1b premium processing is extended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension of H1b premium processing is extended

FYI: USCIS is extending the suspension of premium processing for H1B until mid February.

Bummer

USCIS is extending the previously announced temporary suspension of premium processing for cap-subject H-1B petitions and, beginning Sept. 11, 2018, will be expanding this temporary suspension to include certain additional H-1B petitions.

Does this apply to Transfer?

The original restriction was only for new petition (non cap exempt). However now they say it is expanded to "certain" additional petitions.

It says it does not apply to cap exempt petitions filed by a cap exempt employer - So this does not apply to employee? Cap exempt employers are Higher ed, Non profit etc. So almost all of the software companies are out of this pool.

Can someone confirm if this is the case? I'm interviewing at a startup and close to getting an offer, this will make a deal breaker

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by casach View Post
      The original restriction was only for new petition (non cap exempt). However now they say it is expanded to "certain" additional petitions.

It says it does not apply to cap exempt petitions filed by a cap exempt employer - So this does not apply to employee? Cap exempt employers are Higher ed, Non profit etc. So almost all of the software companies are out of this pool.

Can someone confirm if this is the case? I'm interviewing at a startup and close to getting an offer, this will make a deal breaker

Thanks
      I currently hold an H1B visa with approved 140. Would i be considered as a cap exempt candidate ? Planning to make a job change and appreciate any insight.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X