Cap exempt to cap subject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap exempt to cap subject

I got my H1B through a cap exempt organization in 2007. They filed for my green card and I had my I-140 approved last year and am on 3 year H1B extensions now. I have exhausted my initial 6 year H1B.

I would like to transfer to a cap subject company and am trying to figure out what options I have.

I know that I have to go back to the lottery so if the cap subject company is willing to file the H1B paperwork in April and let's say I am approved, when I can actually start working for them?

My second option I am thinking of would be to go back to F-1 and start working for them on CPT right away. If I go that route and if they file H1B in April and I get approved, what happens to my Green Card status? Do I lose everything soon as I switch back to F-1?

I know this is pretty specific so am looking for someone who has worked with moving from cap exempt to cap subject.

Appreciate your help!

When you move to cap subject employer, you have to wait until Oct 1st even if you have an approval. I was in the same boat a couple of years back and fortunately my employer was willing to wait until oct 1st.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X