Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requirement to provide docs. for spouse's H4 stamping while under divorce proceedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirement to provide docs. for spouse's H4 stamping while under divorce proceedings

I have a quick question: as Primary H1B applicant / beneficiary, am I required / mandated by immigration law to provide all the necessary documents for my spouse's H4 visa stamping ?
    Background: My wife currently is in US on H4 visa and have been working using H4-EAD for past 3 yrs. We have been estranged for last 4 yrs and living separately. In April this year I filed for divorce and it is under process.
    Now, my wife wants to visit India to take care of some medical issue that she has not been able to resolve here in US, despite 3 attempts in hospital. But she want to come back to US within 3 weeks by stamping her H4 visa for which she needs my documents as listed by USCIS website.

Since, I have filed for my divorce, is providing docs for her H4 not considered conflict of intent ? I would not have had issue providing her documents normally, but she has been dragging this divorce on for last 3-4 yrs and utilizing me for H4-EAD so that she can continue to work and my fear is she will continue to do that for next 2 yrs after renewing her H4 visa and EAD all the while evading divorce (I don't know where she lives, where she works etc., just contact over the phone).

If I am required by law to provide her my docs, then I will as I do not want to infringe on her legal right or go against the law.

Please advise ! Thanks in advance !!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X