would I94 update with new I797B date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would I94 update with new I797B date

Initially when I went for stamping that time my I797B was valid till December 2018 and I got stamping on my passport till Jan 2019.

But to due to role change we filled H1B amendment and as result my date got extended from December 2018 to Jan 2020 on my I797B.

Now I going to India in October to November 2018 to attend some family function but I would not go for any passport stamping in USA Embassy or not?

Date are below on paper

1. Passport ? valid till Jan 2019

2. Current I94 ? valid till Jan 2019

3. Old I797B ? valid till December 2018

4. Latest I797B ? valid till Jan 2020

Question ?

1. at the time of port of entry when I would come from India in November with latest I797B would my I94 be updated to Jan 2020?

2. should i show latest I797B form or old I797 form at port of entry if i would not go stamping in India?

thx

Suresh
    [email protected]

Originally posted by yupcart.suresh View Post
    1. at the time of port of entry when I would come from India in November with latest I797B would my I94 be updated to Jan 2020?
    Yes, office will ask for your current I797 & the I94 will be given based on that.

Originally posted by yupcart.suresh View Post
    2. should i show latest I797B form or old I797 form at port of entry if i would not go stamping in India?
    That not a option at all. You've to show the latest one only.

If you haven't changed your employer during your stay in USA, you won't have any problem.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X