Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quitting employer, whom I joined on receipt number, before H1B gets approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting employer, whom I joined on receipt number, before H1B gets approved?

Hello Everyone,

My position has been laid off by my old employer A and I eventually joined a new employer B on H1B receipt notice number which is non-premium as you all know the current situation with USCIS. I may go back to India due to personal reasons in 6 more months. But I haven't communicated this to employer B.

1. What happens to my status if I resign from employer B 6 months down the lane before my transfer petition gets approved? Will my presence be considered as out of status for these next few months?

2. Will that jeopardize my chances of coming back to US on H1B through another employer C in future? (My EB2 i140 was approved in January, 2016).

Originally posted by techneki View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My position has been laid off by my old employer A and I eventually joined a new employer B on H1B receipt notice number which is non-premium as you all know the current situation with USCIS. I may go back to India due to personal reasons in 6 more months. But I haven't communicated this to employer B.

1. What happens to my status if I resign from employer B 6 months down the lane before my transfer petition gets approved? Will my presence be considered as out of status for these next few months?

2. Will that jeopardize my chances of coming back to US on H1B through another employer C in future? (My EB2 i140 was approved in January, 2016).
    1. No
    2. No
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X