Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Stamping: VC told visa approved, but online status Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping: VC told visa approved, but online status Administrative Processing

Hi All,

I attended visa interview in Chennai consulate on October 18th with my wife. I am a full time employee for a major bank in US. VC asked only few questions and then told your visa is approved. She also gave me the Green slip stating that the visa is approved and containing information on how can I pick up my passport. She told I should get my passport in 3 to 5 business days. I checked my application status later that night and found that its in Administrative processing. Since 19th and 20th were holidays for Chennai consulate, I hoped that the status might change today (22nd). The status is still in Administrative processing and the passport status is showing that the passport is still with the consulate or embassy. I tried with my wife's visa and passport status and its also the same.

I know its has not been 3 to 5 business days yet, but am getting little bit tensed. Anyone been through a similar experience recently? Any idea how much time it generally takes in Chennai consulate to get the passport?
    Also anyone attended Visa interview in Chennai around the same dates and got their passport back?

Thanks,
    Deepak

I am in the same boat

Originally posted by deepak0085 View Post
    Hi All,

I attended visa interview in Chennai consulate on October 18th with my wife. I am a full time employee for a major bank in US. VC asked only few questions and then told your visa is approved. She also gave me the Green slip stating that the visa is approved and containing information on how can I pick up my passport. She told I should get my passport in 3 to 5 business days. I checked my application status later that night and found that its in Administrative processing. Since 19th and 20th were holidays for Chennai consulate, I hoped that the status might change today (22nd). The status is still in Administrative processing and the passport status is showing that the passport is still with the consulate or embassy. I tried with my wife's visa and passport status and its also the same.

I know its has not been 3 to 5 business days yet, but am getting little bit tensed. Anyone been through a similar experience recently? Any idea how much time it generally takes in Chennai consulate to get the passport?
    Also anyone attended Visa interview in Chennai around the same dates and got their passport back?

Thanks,
    Deepak
    Hello Deepak,

I had my interview on Oct 30, Mumbai Consulate and the officer told my Visa is approved and it will be shipped within 3 days and I?ll be getting a text and an email when it?s shipped. I checked my status today and it said it?s under administrative processing. Did your status changed?

Thank you

Comment

Did u get your VISA?

When was your last status update ?

Comment

Originally posted by pratik0888 View Post
        Hello Deepak,

I had my interview on Oct 30, Mumbai Consulate and the officer told my Visa is approved and it will be shipped within 3 days and I?ll be getting a text and an email when it?s shipped. I checked my status today and it said it?s under administrative processing. Did your status changed?

Thank you
        Hi,
        Did you receive an update?

Comment

VO said visa is approved but status is Administrative Processing (Mumbai, 1st Nov)

Had my Visa interview on 1st November 2018. VO said Visa is approved but status changed on 8th November to Administrative Processing. Today is the 13th and the status remains the same. Anyone else with a similar experience?

Comment

VO said visa is approved but status is Administrative Processing (Mumbai, 1st Nov)

Originally posted by mario_54 View Post
            Had my Visa interview on 1st November 2018. VO said Visa is approved but status changed on 8th November to Administrative Processing. Today is the 13th and the status remains the same. Anyone else with a similar experience?
            Fingerprint: 31st Oct
            Interview: 1st Nov
            Visa status: 'Administrative processing' since 11/01

Interview was normal and was told that my visa was approved.
            @mario_54 and @pratik0888 please update your status.

Comment

Hello All,

I have the same status. My interview was on the 1st of November at the Mumbai Consulate. Visa was approved after I answered some basic questions. Since then, the status is 'Administrative Processing' last updated on 11/01. @pratik0888 and @mario_54 please update your status and be in touch.

Comment

VC told visa approved, but online status Administrative Processing

Hi All,

Similar is my case at Hyderabad Consulate. Interview date on Oct 01st, 2018. VO took the passports and on 4th Oct, received a phone call from visa office where a lady with Indian accent enquired about my duties and wanted additional info. After the call, I received a 221 (g) letter with the required info and the box ticked for administrative processing.

On 13th Oct, I sent the requested info to the email id mentioned on the 221g letter and received auto response.

The period of 60 days was over on Dec 12th and today is Dec 26th, no response yet.

How to contact them, if I do not receive any response from them? Please guide me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X