Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa Travel from INDIA TO USA | Can travel if passport expiring in next 7 month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Travel from INDIA TO USA | Can travel if passport expiring in next 7 month?

Hi Team,

1. My wife is in India and she has H4 visa and its expiry date is on 9/1/2019.
    2. Date of travel to USA from India = 11/15/2018
    3. Her passport is expiring on 06/23/2019 (6 month valid beyond date of travel (#2nd above)).

I do have only few days left and I don't think I have enough time to renew her passport while she is in INDIA. In this regards, I do have following queries, please help me with the on priority.

1. What if I don't renew her passport in INDIA?
    1.1 Can she enter USA with her existing passport which is valid for more than 6 months beyond date of travel?
    1.2 Will port of entry officer may rise question on these? Her visa is still valid till 9/1/2019 so if she allowed to enter , what I-94 dates will be given to her?
    1.3 She will have H4 extension process starting spring session 2019. What consequence of not renewing passport will be imposed to her further stay or extension?

2. If I get new passport for her (I don?t think we have enough time), do I need to get new H4 stamp on new passport before she travel to USA?

3. India passport renewal Tatkal scheme DONT GURANTEE 3 DAYS passport delivery in Tattakl scheme. Her date of travel is 15th and there is only 4 working days. I don't feel safe to take risk to renew her passport.

Please suggest me on priority for best option for her? Appreciate your quick answers and helpful information.

Thanks
    Ketan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X