Issue License Renewal F1- H1b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue License Renewal F1- H1b

I came to US on F1 and got H1B approved with Change of status. I went to the DMV to renew my license and they told me that my status is still showing as F1 and I need to contact SAVE department from USCIS. I contacted my school to update my SEVIS, they put the request and say I have to wait. Can anyone please share their experience if they have been on the same situation? And how can I reach SAVE department of USCIS.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I came to US on F1 and got H1B approved with Change of status. I went to the DMV to renew my license and they told me that my status is still showing as F1 and I need to contact SAVE department from USCIS. I contacted my school to update my SEVIS, they put the request and say I have to wait. Can anyone please share their experience if they have been on the same situation? And how can I reach SAVE department of USCIS.
    My 2 cents is that you try a different DMV....depending on where you are & if near a big city should be 15 miles away from the one you went to. I'm surprised they are checking visas to renew licenses....think of so many spanish speaking people in the country and a lot of them undocumented getting driver licenses. You'll end up with a different clerk in a different DMV, and just present the license and say it needs to be renewed...if he or she asks for visa, tell them you're legal & show the F1 ; who cares about H1B, L1 etc ; most Americans in the real world don't know one visa from another.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X