Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My H1B experience in London

Dear all,

I have attended h1 visa interview in London on 16th.

The visa officer was a cute, cool woman aged approx 25 i would say. She looked a little frustated for some reason.

She just asked me a few questions. Asked who i am gonna work for.How i found this job.. whether i will be working for comapany's clients or on an inhouse project..

when i answered that i am going to work for clients.. she asked me who i am going to work for.. I asked whether she wanted to see the client letter.she said that it was what she has been asking for. I submitted it and she went in for a few mins.. returned back and asked to wait in the main hall. called me againg after 15 mins.. this time she picked up the 221G form and asked me to provide "W2 forms for tax year 2005" from the employer. She also handed me over another form named "Visa issuance fee". She asked me to courier my passport, a new DS156 form with a new photo along woth original I797 form along woth the W2 form. Also siad that she doesnt anticipate me being called again and that my passport will be stamped if the required documents are sent.

This is my experience..

Let me add.. The visa date confirmation letter said.. my visa interview would be at 11.15. i was sent in at 11.45. we need to obtain a token. waited for an hour.. aqnd when my token was called, submitted all the documents initailly. that's not visa interview call. we will be asked to wait again .. after 3 hours i was called again. this time its the visa interview call. so be prepated to spend atleast 5 hours in the embassy.

good luck guys..

can some one pls advice me what happens when i send the w2 docs.. my employer will post them tomorrow morning.. Do I still have any chancesof getting my passport stamoed with visa at this stage?

regards.. ravi

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X