Validity of I94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of I94

Hi, I have a situation in my I-94 and the details are as below.

I was with company A and my visa and I-94 expiration date was till March 1st 2019. My new company B applied for my H1 transfer in April 2018 and it got approved on June 2018. In the approved petition of new company B, the I-94 number was the most recent number at that time.

In the middle of June 2018, I had to travel to India and I travelled with my old company A visa as it was valid and I didn?t join the new company B yet. Upon arrival in the 1st week July,2018 to US, I got a new I-94 number and the expiration date on that I-94 is till March 2019.

In the month of August, 2018 I joined my new company B, that filed my petition. New company?s B I797 is valid till November 2019.

My situation is, the I-94 number in the approved petition of company B is not the same as most recent I-94 number that I acquired when I entered US in the month of July, 2018.

a) Am I out of status as my I-94 numbers don?t match?

b) I no longer work with the company through which I entered US and the most recent I-94 number and expiration was given based on my previous company A visa. Am I out of status?

c) What should I do to get this corrected?

Any kind of help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

I'm in a similar situation.

My I-94 has expired since January 2018 due to passport expiry but my I797 is valid until March 4th, 2019. My husband's employer filed H4 extension last month and it's approved from March 2019 to March 2022.

I learned recently that if i-94 is expired, I'm out of status. What's are the options for me to get back in status?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X