Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamping New Delhi

Visa interview- 11/8/18
    First time H1b interview at anew Delhi embassy.
    Embassy was crowded with such a big crowd both in waiting and inside.
    My interview was brief-5 min, passport taken and was told visa approved and should passport once ready. No 221g slips handed in.
    Today it?s 12/3/18- no changes, status shows administrative processing.
    Anyone in similar boat?

In Administrative Processing Too

Hi,

My case is in Admin processing too since 6th Nov. My case update date has changed twice since then, once on 27th Nov, and then yesterday 3rd Dec. This is my first H1B stamping. I changed my status from H4 to F1 to now H1B, all the while staying in US. I can only assume that's why its taking so long. I am a regular full time direct employee and have done everything by the book, so absolutely no idea why it should take time, but well who knows. My interview lasted less than 5 mins, no slips were given to me. The VO said your Visa will be approved and you would receive your passport in 5 days..well it will be a month on 6th.

I know I can't get any answers here and all I can do is just wait, but I guess I am just looking for sympathy. Please do update if there are any changes in your status or if you know of people whose time stamp keeps getting updated, but there is no change in status. Thanks!
    Last edited by aboli11; 12-04-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Same dotuation

Originally posted by aboli11 View Post
      Hi,

My case is in Admin processing too since 6th Nov. My case update date has changed twice since then, once on 27th Nov, and then yesterday 3rd Dec. This is my first H1B stamping. I changed my status from H4 to F1 to now H1B, all the while staying in US. I can only assume that's why its taking so long. I am a regular full time direct employee and have done everything by the book, so absolutely no idea why it should take time, but well who knows. My interview lasted less than 5 mins, no slips were given to me. The VO said your Visa will be approved and you would receive your passport in 5 days..well it will be a month on 6th.

I know I can't get any answers here and all I can do is just wait, but I guess I am just looking for sympathy. Please do update if there are any changes in your status or if you know of people whose time stamp keeps getting updated, but there is no change in status. Thanks!

@aboli11- I am switching from J1to H1b, and in full time state job. My dates have not changed at all. Please keep posted if anything else changes for you. Highly appreciate if you share. Thanks and good luck

Comment

Hi,

@aboli11-from what I gather from forums, case updates correlate with visa being issued in few days. Hopefully it will be soon for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Incredible1 View Post
          @aboli11-from what I gather from forums, case updates correlate with visa being issued in few days. Hopefully it will be soon for you!
          Thanks Incredible1! I figured that from the forums too, but then became very hopeful that it got more disappointing. I really hope it happens soon...I have a two year old with me who is getting so bored and very annoying :P.

Any updates for you?

Comment

Thanks Incredible1! I figured that from the forums too, but then became very hopeful that it got more disappointing. I really hope it happens soon...I have a two year old with me who is getting so bored and very annoying :P.

Any updates for you?
            @aboli1- totally understandable. No updates for me either. Do you know if any one the last with similar experience at New Delhi? I feel a lot also has to do with the number of people/slots. Ridiculous!

Comment

@aboli1- totally understandable. No updates for me either. Do you know if any one the last with similar experience at New Delhi? I feel a lot also has to do with the number of people/slots. Ridiculous!
              No, I don't personally know any one with similar experience as mine, at least at the Delhi consulate. One of my husband's friend took a month for his first H1B stamping as well, but he didn't apply at Delhi. I believe the additional delay is due to the holidays season, but I am at the one month mark now and so this is excruciating.

Comment

No, I don't personally know any one with similar experience as mine, at least at the Delhi consulate. One of my husband's friend took a month for his first H1B stamping as well, but he didn't apply at Delhi. I believe the additional delay is due to the holidays season, but I am at the one month mark now and so this is excruciating.
                @aboli1- definitely it is extremely frustrating. Hopefully this week we are issued the visa! I have stopped checking my status online, as it adds to the frustration! Keep me posted about any updates! Thanks

Comment

@aboli1- definitely it is extremely frustrating. Hopefully this week we are issued the visa! I have stopped checking my status online, as it adds to the frustration! Keep me posted about any updates! Thanks
                  @aboli- any news?

Comment

@aboli- any news?
                    Nope

Comment

Nope
                      Just checked: Case updated date changed again, but still admin processing, lol

Comment

Just checked: Case updated date changed again, but still admin processing, lol
                        I just spoke with customer service- my case updated for 12/4/18 as well, but yesterday was a holiday in embassy. So hopefully we should get good news by Friday 🤞

Comment

I just spoke with customer service- my case updated for 12/4/18 as well, but yesterday was a holiday in embassy. So hopefully we should get good news by Friday 🤞
                          Yes, fingers crossed!

Comment

My case again got updated with today's date. status is same :|. So now it will go to next week. This is annoying to the nth degree.

All the best @Incredible1. Hopefully, you will have a better outcome today.

Comment

My case again got updated with today's date. status is same :|. So now it will go to next week. This is annoying to the nth degree.

All the best @Incredible1. Hopefully, you will have a better outcome today.
                              @aboli1- that’s frustrating! I haven’t checked mine and don’t want to either. Let’s just hope and pray for the soonest! No other consulate as per forums is doing this repetitive date update! ��

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X