Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Issue related to dui.

Hello all,

I have a dui on record from 2015 in USA. I went for visa interview last friday for H1b renewal along with my wife as dependent and was issued a 221G by the officer saying he needs time to review court documents that i provided and thus moved my case to administrative processing and kept the passports. On the same day i received an email saying passports are ready for pickup.

I went and picked up mine and my wife's passport today. My wife was issued a white slip asking her to do medical. The barcode number and the name mentioned on the white slip is hers and the one i got on friday from the VO has my barcode and name on it. I did not receive anything with my passport.

I believe that this medical was intended for me but was issued to my wife by mistake. I tried calling ustraveldocs and explained this to them. They asked me to follow the instructions mentioned on 221G. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway we can talk directly with the officer at US consulate about this? Should i just follow the instructions and get her medical done and submit it and wait for mine to move to another status from administrative processing?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X