Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment on Dec 5th

Hi,

I had a visa interview scheduled in Chennai on Dec 5th which got cancelled due to US holiday. Did anybody reschedule their appointment? If yes, what is the earliest date available? For me it shows as Jan 8th 2019.

Hey,

I am from Hyderabad and am facing similar situation, can't find an appointment till Jan and call center is of no help

Originally posted by gautham1011tion View Post
    Hi,

I had a visa interview scheduled in Chennai on Dec 5th which got cancelled due to US holiday. Did anybody reschedule their appointment? If yes, what is the earliest date available? For me it shows as Jan 8th 2019.

Comment

Yeah.. I had similar experience. This is totally unfair given the appointments for other consulates have been automatically rescheduled.

Originally posted by ayush11 View Post
      Hey,

I am from Hyderabad and am facing similar situation, can't find an appointment till Jan and call center is of no help

Comment

Exactly.
        Can you update this thread if you happen to get an appointment before jan, I will do the same.

Yeah.. I had similar experience. This is totally unfair given the appointments for other consulates have been automatically rescheduled.

Comment

Exactly.
          Can you update this thread if you happen to get an appointment before jan, I will do the same.
          Guys,
          Till yesterday night, I was able to see next appointment date as 10th/11th. Now it's fluctuating between 14th Jan and 17th Jan.

Do you know the reason we aren't able to schedule in December anymore? I am trying in Hyderabad.

Comment

I will keep checking and let you know if I am able to get earlier slot..

Mercplus, do you mean slots were available 10/11th December till yesterday?

Originally posted by mercplus View Post
            Guys,
            Till yesterday night, I was able to see next appointment date as 10th/11th. Now it's fluctuating between 14th Jan and 17th Jan.

Do you know the reason we aren't able to schedule in December anymore? I am trying in Hyderabad.

Comment

I will keep checking and let you know if I am able to get earlier slot..

Mercplus, do you mean slots were available 10/11th December till yesterday?
              Yes.

Comment

Hi,

Very bad experience with consulate office responses on Dec-05 issue. My aged mother , wife & child completed OFC in Chennai and waiting for Consular interview on Dec-05-2018. We got message that consulate is closed on Dec-05. When we try to ask when can it will be rescheduled, the call center employees were unaware of the process & they told the cgifederal.secure.force.com will be showing "Reschedule consular appointment" link by end of the day.

We travelled 400km far from Chennai to attend this interview. Think from family prospective, how can family with child can search for new accommodation in short time without knowing when is next appointment date. I keep on trying to contact Consular call center & NO ONE helping in this situation. very worst service I faced even I asked with Chennai consulate in ********.No response.

if consulate is closed for mourns for any situation, will they close & lock the office & throw away the key somewhere?

why cant the schedules can be moved to the next day or any specific day in next week? how can Visitor visa parents/ elders manage this situation without knowing anything in online reschedule/travel arrangements?

and still, the reschedule option is not displaying in the portal ? is this way USA consulate manage the critical situation ?

if any consulate officers seeing this message, please help to get the applicants to get earlier appointments.

Comment

For some reason i never saw december appointment and i did check through out the day.
                  I have not even seen a reschedule appointment link as well , have you? it was always "New Application/ Schedule appointment"
                  Have you tried booking for Dec 10,11 when you saw that date

Originally posted by mercplus View Post
                  Guys,

Last edited by ayush11; 12-05-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

I have the same issue. They asked me to wait until today morning but it still shows the same. I called them up again and now they say to wait until today evening. This is frustrating.
                    Did anyone of you were able to book appointment?

Comment

new update - i have booked for chennai Dec 11th even though i am from hyderabad and OFC was done in hyderabad
                      ---
                      Hi All,

can we keep sharing our updates here, so that we know how things are going for others and one can take next steps better.

----
                      my update - havent taken visa appointment yet, showing jan 18th in hyderabad
                      and OFC appointment is showing up again where as consular appointment was only expected, when i reached out to customer care they said wait for 24 hrs
                      Last edited by ayush11; 12-06-2018, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I moved mine to Jan 2nd from Jan 8th in Chennai..
                        Ayush..did you see more slots in Chennai in December?

new update - i have booked for chennai Dec 11th even though i am from hyderabad and OFC was done in hyderabad
                        ---
                        Hi All,

can we keep sharing our updates here, so that we know how things are going for others and one can take next steps better.

----
                        my update - havent taken visa appointment yet, showing jan 18th in hyderabad
                        and OFC appointment is showing up again where as consular appointment was only expected, when i reached out to customer care they said wait for 24 hrs

Comment

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I had my OFC appointment with the Hyderabad VAC center on December 4th and my interview appointment was scheduled for December 5th. The customer support representatives weren't helpful at all and weren't providing any indication on when the new appointment dates would open. The earliest appointment available is being shown as January 14th now. Any ideas if new dates would open up in December at all? Please share any updates regarding this on this thread.

Thanks,
                          Vishal

Comment

Hi, I did see many slots open in the morning only for Chennai and no other places. There were around 10 days with 20 avg slots/day available in December but everything was gone in 2 hrs. It did happen about 10-11 A.M , hope that helps in case you want to check tomorrow.
                            I moved mine to Jan 2nd from Jan 8th in Chennai..
                            Ayush..did you see more slots in Chennai in December?

Comment

From what I tracked, Hyderabad slots dint show any changes, it was Chennai nfor some brief time. I even doubt if there were new slots in Hyderabad opened at all. Please update back if u see any updates
                              Originally posted by vishaln11 View Post
                              Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I had my OFC appointment with the Hyderabad VAC center on December 4th and my interview appointment was scheduled for December 5th. The customer support representatives weren't helpful at all and weren't providing any indication on when the new appointment dates would open. The earliest appointment available is being shown as January 14th now. Any ideas if new dates would open up in December at all? Please share any updates regarding this on this thread.

Thanks,
                              Vishal

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X