Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Overstay - Applied for amendment and extension

Hi All,

I have a very specific case and i am unable to find a suitable justification in the forums for the same.

Below is the brief history:

{Year-Month-Details}

2015 - September- Joined Client A thru Employee B under the payroll of C (EVC model)

2016 - Oct- H1B applied with C and received valid I797 from Oct 2016 to Sep 2019 (after RFE)

2017- Dec- Joined Employee B (Top 5 IT firms)

2018- Jan - Employer B applied for H1B transfer

2018 - April- Notice received to B on the approval

2018- June- Received the application on 06/04/2018

2018- June- I797 valid till 06/23/2018 and I94 valid till July 07/2018

2018- September- On document submission for stamping, I found out the discrepancies on the date of H1B transfers, and informed the higher ups on not notifying me on the same and left for India right away. Now currently, the Employer B has filed for amendment and extension.

Here are my questions:

1. My Masters , undergrad and work are very much related (Mechanical Engineering). What are the chances of approval?

2. I did overstay for 86 days, but i found the discrepancy and notified my higher ups right away and left the country within a week. What should be my justification if questions are asked at the consulate and POE?

3. If things don't go according to plan, what should be my other options to continue work in USA.

All you inputs will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X