Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamp Renewal_Bahamas

Hi!

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in US on an H1B visa. The visa stamp is expiring on January 12th 2019, however I have an approved I797 up to 2021. I have gotten an appointment for H1B stamp renewal at the US consulate in Nassau, Bahamas for the 17th Jan 2019. I contacted the Bahamian embassy, and looks like i don't need the Bahamas tourist visa, and am eligible to get visa on arrival- so thats one less thing to worry about.

Does anyone here have a recent experience of getting a renewal from there? I saw several posts, but they date back to as far back as 2008. The consulate's website says that the visa processing time is 1 day, but on the call they said it can go up to over a week. It would be very helpful if anyone could share the experience they (or someone you know) have had, if there was any administrative processing involved, and how long the entire process took?

Any information on this would be very very helpful!

Thank you!
    Charvi

Stamping in Bahamas - looking for details

I am in similar boat for stamping in Bahamas. it's my 3rd time and looks like I am eligible but no such experience or info on any website from folks who have done their stamping. I have reached out to my attorney and several groups but no luck.

How did you pay your fees and how soon the interview dates are available?

Originally posted by 4vs View Post
    Hi!

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in US on an H1B visa. The visa stamp is expiring on January 12th 2019, however I have an approved I797 up to 2021. I have gotten an appointment for H1B stamp renewal at the US consulate in Nassau, Bahamas for the 17th Jan 2019. I contacted the Bahamian embassy, and looks like i don't need the Bahamas tourist visa, and am eligible to get visa on arrival- so thats one less thing to worry about.

Does anyone here have a recent experience of getting a renewal from there? I saw several posts, but they date back to as far back as 2008. The consulate's website says that the visa processing time is 1 day, but on the call they said it can go up to over a week. It would be very helpful if anyone could share the experience they (or someone you know) have had, if there was any administrative processing involved, and how long the entire process took?

Any information on this would be very very helpful!

Thank you!
    Charvi

Comment

Folks who have experience with stamping in Bahamas, please share any feedback.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X