Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Time H1B VISA Canada Ottawa Blue 221G - Passport requested - Question on Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Time H1B VISA Canada Ottawa Blue 221G - Passport requested - Question on Travel

Hello,

I had my 1st time H1b stamp interview at US Consulate at Ottawa on Nov 28th 2018. Not a lot of questions asked besides asking for resume and my US college transcript. I was given blue 221g form after the interview. Passport was returned to me. Today, about 4 weeks later, I received emails from Yatri: US DOS Visa system ([email protected]) saying "A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in Ottawa has indicated that follow-up actions are required for the following applicant(s). - Please mail your passport back to us". Courier_in_instruction document for sending the passport was also attached in a separate email. On ceac.state.gov site, it is still showing Administrative processing since the interview. My questions are :
    (1) Is this a positive sign for my case that they request passport back ?
    (2) I am out of Canada already since its taking too long for the waiting. I had paid for a return ticket back to Canada on 1/11. It says in the email that I must be physically present in Canada to mail the passport. Should I change my ticket now to return to Canada as soon as possible or I can return according to the original plan since changing ticket to an earlier date will cost $1000+ US fees.

Any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

Regards

ffl3883

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X