Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

approved I-797B with backdated valid dates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approved I-797B with backdated valid dates.

Hi,

I'm currently working in USA with stem opt which is valid from Feb-2018 to Feb-2020 and i have applied for H1b in April-2018, After RFE got cleared it got approved with i-797B valid from 22-Nov-2018 till 05-Dec-2018 and noticed date is 17-Dec-2018. and in the description it was mentioned like this "The above petition has been approved for the classification requested, However, the status previously accorded the worker(s) had expired before this petition was filed. Therefore, the worker(s) were out of status when this petition was filed. Thus, the worker(s) are not eligible for the requested change of status. Accordingly, the request for a change of status is denied. There is no appeal from the decision denying the requested change of status". there is no end date for my I-94 since I entered USA as F1 it will be D/S. Now i have few questions

1. Can i still work under opt? - My university thought I have H1b, so they released my SEVIS. Can i ask DSO to revert it since my change of status is denied?
    2, Can I file for extension to Nebraska location for premium?

3. Do i have to under go lottery again if i want to apply for h1b again ? Any suggestions are welcome.

Please Help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X