No announcement yet.

If Priority Date becomes current when planning to travel to India or in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Priority Date becomes current when planning to travel to India or in India

My priority date is August 2009 and I have to travel to India in the next 3 months. What happens if my priority date becomes current just days before I am about to leave for India or if the priority date becomes current when I am in India? Will I be able to proceed on GC while I am in India or do I have to come back for the process to move forward. I am worried about the dates retrogressing back before I return from India and hence not able to file immediately.

Originally posted by salilsurendran View Post
    My priority date is August 2009 and I have to travel to India in the next 3 months. What happens if my priority date becomes current just days before I am about to leave for India or if the priority date becomes current when I am in India? Will I be able to proceed on GC while I am in India or do I have to come back for the process to move forward. I am worried about the dates retrogressing back before I return from India and hence not able to file immediately.
    Nope you can always file. You only need to be in the US to provide fingerprints and attend the interview.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X