Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Stamped Visa Minimum Validity in order to get into USA Port of entry from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamped Visa Minimum Validity in order to get into USA Port of entry from India?

Hi Friends,
    I am having my H1B Visa stamped till May 2019, but i am having travel plan to India in Feb first week to bring my family back to USA.
    I will be returning within 2 days from India with my wife and child (US Citizen) and my wife is also having stamped H4 visa till May 2019.

#1. What will be the minimum validity should exists in H1B Stamped visa to get into USA Port of entry from India?
    #2. My Wife is having stamped H4 visa till May 2019. What will be the minimum validity should exists in H4 Stamped visa to get into USA Port of entry from India?

Will it be any issues in my case #1 and #2?

Note: My passport and my wife passport both are having more than 6 months validity and it's a new passport where my current H1B stamping and my wife's H4 visa stamping is done.

Appreciate your answers!!!

Thanks always!!!

# 1 and # 2 - I do not see any problems arising with your situation.

Here are a couple of videos which you might find helpful for H1B and H4.

This video talks about misunderstandings or incorrect information that's available in many forums. You will be able to see a lot of questions that were asked...

This video provides information on H1B facts. This is a video to provide quick information about H1B Visa. These are the facts you must know prior getting H1...

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply!

I am not getting the answers for the "Minimum H1B validity should be on stamped visa while getting into USA from India" from the videos.

1. Any minimum requirement for the H1B validity should be on stamped visa while getting into USA from India?
      2. Similarly, Any minimum requirement for the H4 validity should be on stamped visa while getting into USA from India?

Comment

Originally posted by Thangam View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks for your reply!

I am not getting the answers for the "Minimum H1B validity should be on stamped visa while getting into USA from India" from the videos.

1. Any minimum requirement for the H1B validity should be on stamped visa while getting into USA from India?
        2. Similarly, Any minimum requirement for the H4 validity should be on stamped visa while getting into USA from India?
        Yes absolutely you can travel till the last date visa is valid but you didn't specify how long your I-797 is valid?. Visa is for your travel from India or any other foreign country to the port of entry. At the port of entry, the CBP officer will decide how long you are authorized to stay(I-94). You carry your I-797 and they will give you a I-94 based on the expiration date of your I-797 petition. If the visa stamped on your passport is from the previous employer than your current employer, you may be subjected to secondary inspection.
        Last edited by samss77; 01-18-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X