X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L to H COS change, I94 stay expiry

Dear Friends,

Please Need your support for the below query:

I am currently on L1b and my I94 is expiring on 20 June 2009, I had a old H1B which i have applied for L1 to H1b conversion on Jan 2019, its pending with USCIS, and the waiting period showing in the USCIS webiste in 8 to 11 months.

So my question is can i say in US even after my L1b I94 expires on 20 June, if my L to H results doesnt come by 20 june. Does the 240 day rule start from June 20th for L to H conversion also?

Thanks

Originally posted by binesh4u View Post
    Dear Friends,

Please Need your support for the below query:

I am currently on L1b and my I94 is expiring on 20 June 2009, I had a old H1B which i have applied for L1 to H1b conversion on Jan 2019, its pending with USCIS, and the waiting period showing in the USCIS webiste in 8 to 11 months.

So my question is can i say in US even after my L1b I94 expires on 20 June, if my L to H results doesnt come by 20 june. Does the 240 day rule start from June 20th for L to H conversion also?

Thanks
    You can stay for as long as your Change of Status is pending, even if your status expires in the meantime, no matter how long it takes.

There is no "240 day rule" here. Someone with a pending Extension of Status for a work status can work for 240 days for the same employer after the end of their previous status, but you are not doing Extension of Status here.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X