Previous Employer not Issuing W2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous Employer not Issuing W2

I moved to a new employer as I have issues with my previous employer in terms of payment,filing my petition and documentation. After all these issues I looked for a new employer and moved on as my status was important for me. I informed them verbally and didn't serve notice period as I was not working by that time. Now, they are not issuing me the W2 for the period I worked with them to file my returns.Sent emails and no response.I know they will not respond to my calls /emails and for sure will not send me the W2. What are my options now? In anyway, not getting W2 will impact my GC process?

Originally posted by Gowri0921 View Post
    I moved to a new employer as I have issues with my previous employer in terms of payment,filing my petition and documentation. After all these issues I looked for a new employer and moved on as my status was important for me. I informed them verbally and didn't serve notice period as I was not working by that time. Now, they are not issuing me the W2 for the period I worked with them to file my returns.Sent emails and no response.I know they will not respond to my calls /emails and for sure will not send me the W2. What are my options now? In anyway, not getting W2 will impact my GC process?
    This is not really an immigration question, but the IRS has information about what to do if you are missing your W-2: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-can...get-form-w-2-0 (that page is about last year; a similar page will be up for people missing W-2s this year)

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X