Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Passport & Visa Expiry

Hi All,

My son's passport, H4 visa stamp, i-94 are expiring on Feb 26th 2019, His I-797 approval notice was issued till Sep 2019. As his passport had an expiry date till Feb 2019 the visa also was issued until the same date.

1. Is it true that the CBP office near Mexico border can extend his i -94 date, is it based on approval notice or the stamp on his passport.
    What are the basis for i -94 update, should we have a visa stamp as a proof or does the i 797 approval copy serve the purpose.

2. Does the 240 day rule apply for H4 also, or will be be out of status from Feb 27th ?

I have filed for H4 Extension in December2018 with new passport and got a recipet no. No approval as yet.
    Can he stay in US or has to leave before Feb 26th.

Regards
    CT

Originally posted by chandrat View Post
    Hi All,

My son's passport, H4 visa stamp, i-94 are expiring on Feb 26th 2019, His I-797 approval notice was issued till Sep 2019. As his passport had an expiry date till Feb 2019 the visa also was issued until the same date.
    This is confusing. Your son has an approval notice for what? Are you talking about the H1b parent's H1b petition approval? Or your son applied for Extension of Status or Change of Status and this is the approval for EOS/COS you're talking about? If so, was the EOS/COS approval before or after his most recent entry?

Also, the H4 visa should be issued until the expiration of the H1b petition; the visa's expiration date should not have anything to do with the passport expiration; the I-94, however, is limited by passport expiration.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X