Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Veena....Passport and Visa appointment query

Dear Veena,

Thank you for your advices on the forum. I have a query regarding the scheduling of a visa appointment with my passport. Could you help me your advice regarding this.

Right now my passport has a validity period for another 8 months. I have taken a HDFC receipt and plan to book an appointment now with this passport in the next few days. I also plan to apply for a new passport now as by the time I go for my visa interview the validity period on my present passport would be less than 6 months. But the problem is that it might take me about 1-2 months for a new passport to be issued to me after I apply for one. And by that time the available interview slots would be pushed even further to probably around February. Right now I am hoping to find an open slot as early as possible but the available dates at the Chennai consulate right now are in December.

My queries right now regarding this are-
    1) Is it ok for me to book an appointment with my present passport or should I have to wait for my new passport and only then book an appointment?
    2) Have you heard of anybody with a similar issue and did they have any problems when they visited the consulate like not being allowed in because of a change in the passport number on the new passport etc.?

Please give me your advices about this. Thankyou.

Hi,
    You can see the information on the VFS's website. They urge you to make payments at the HDFC bank with the same passport that you will use during the time of interview. Check link below:
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X