Out of State License Transfer - Valid 797A - Expired Stamp - New Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State License Transfer - Valid 797A - Expired Stamp - New Employer

Hi, I recently accepted a new job offer in a different state. New employer started the H1B application (cap exempt) but so far will not fall under premium processing (filed in Jan this year). I do have a 797A from my previous employer going to 2021, but have not renewed my visa stamp (I haven;t gone out of the country after the extension of my H1b was processed by my previous employer ~6 months ago). Since I moved to a new state I'm required to transfer my car registration and my license, but after filing a online with the RMV (DMV version of MA), and stating that I will be presenting a 797A, they also mention that I will need to present a valid visa stamp which I don't have (the online form does a SAVE query that stated that I'm lawfully staying here).

1) Will I have issues at the DMV/RMV? Seems that I will be in this void situation until my new H1B gets approved and I get out of the country, visit an embassy and get a new stamp.
    2) If that is the case, is it possible to still get a visa stamp with the H1B docs from my previous employer? Assuming the new employer application will take ~6 months...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X