Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely urgent - mistake while filling DS156

Dear all,

I have made a blunder while filling my DS156 form.

Actually I have attended the H1B interview 20 days ago in London and have been asked to send some additional documents (w2 forms) and visa fee along with a newly filled DS156 with fresh photograph of myself. I have got the w2 forms from my US employer and have sent them 10 days ago.

But in the 22nd question in DS156 that reads as below:

Do you intend to work in the US? IF yes, specify the name and full address of your US employer.

I have mistakenly provided my employer's address but not the company name.

Do I have any other option such as sending a newly filled DS156 form again at this stage to the embassy or doesnt it help at all? If the embassy comes back to me asking me to send the DS156 again, it might take another 1.5 - 2 months for them to process my case again. In fact as I am stuck here, I am counting days here literally.

Please some body advice me some thing.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ravi..

Not a problem.

Hi Ravi,

i guess its not a problem, when they specified for ur w2 forms thru post, ur visa has been issued if u provide ur w2 forms. they ll check only what they asked. even the company name and address ll be there on w2 forms. if those two addresses r different, there ll be difficulty.
    if same u r getting stamped Passport. be cool.

Regards,

Comment

thanks innocent

thx innocent,

have you ever heard of any one being asked for these sort of docs? (w2 forms) at all?

a friend of mine has been asked for w3 form and he sent it 8 months ago.. no reply till today...

thanks again,

regards, ravi..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X